Another Survivor Of The Christmas Parade Massacre Released From The Hospital
There is some shred of good news following that horrific Christmas parade massacre that took place just before Thanksgiving. A 5th child has been released and will continue their healing at home.
Darrell Brooks, 39, reportedly drove a red Ford Escape through revelers at the annual Christmas parade in Waukesha. Brooks's crime spree began when he was just 17-years-old.
This was the parade's first appearance since the start of the pandemic. The streets were full of families looking to spread cheer and enjoy an ounce of normalcy for once.
The career criminal — who had called for violence against white people and expressed his admiration of Adolf Hitler’s mass murder of Jews — had been released from jail after allegedly running over his girlfriend with the same SUV earlier that month.
“When you look the other way, when you almost encourage lawlessness — just like, let’s face it, you have political figures during the summer riots of 2020 encouraging people to donate to the bail fund so you can bail these people out … When you encourage lawlessness, you’re going to get more of it,” Sen Ron Johnson said on “Fox & Friends” Tuesday.
“It becomes more and more violent. It starts spilling over from crime-ridden, generally Democrat-governed cities into the surrounding areas,” the senator added. “I think that’s probably what we witnessed here in Waukesha.”
As Brooks desperately drove away from the school, he barreled toward the Christmas parade, smashed through barricades and plowed through revelers and marchers celebrating the annual event with “no emotion on his face,” police said. He left six people dead — the youngest being 8-year-old Jackson Sparks — and dozens more injured, many who are still hospitalized.
“There are not words to describe the risk that this defendant presents to our community,” prosecutor Susan Opper told Waukesha County Court Commissioner Kevin Costello during Brooks’ initial hearing.
“Not only flight risk but the dangerousness that he presents, his history of violence and the allegations in this complaint where it is stated plainly that on several occasions he was told to stop by police officers,” she said. “Everything was done to get him to stop, and he just simply continued down the roadway, causing death and destruction in his path.”
Brooks was charged with five counts of first-degree intentional homicide but Opper said he will be hit with a sixth charge following the death of the youngest victim, 8-year-old Jackson Sparks, who had been in critical condition after the attack, People reported.