GOP Sen Demands Answers From Biden Admin
The Biden Administration's original claim that he was going to bring unity to the country is getting more laughable as time goes by. The Biden Admin recently admitted that they were actively looking to infringe upon our freedom of speech on Facebook. Biden claimed misinformation on social media was killing people, so they were working with Facebook to censor Americans. Senator Blackburn saw this and demanded answers from the Biden Administration.
- What criteria are you directing social media platforms to use to flag and remove posts?
- What criteria are you directing social media platforms to use to ban users?
- In your July 15th press briefing, you stated that 12 people are responsible for “65 percent of anti-vaccine misinformation on social media platforms.” Who are those accounts and have they, or others, been removed at your direction?
- What is the legal basis for your Administration’s decision to direct social media platforms to flag and remove posts from their sites?
- Does the White House have staff dedicated to searching social media for content to flag for removal?
— Philip Melanchthon Wegmann (@PhilipWegmann) July 19, 2021
"The Biden administration made waves last week when Psaki told reporters the administration was in communication with Facebook about apparent accounts that spread vaccine “misinformation,” seemingly advocating their censorship. She also stated that if an account is banned on one social media platform, the same individual should be banned from all other social media platforms.
On heels of the alarming comments, President Biden claimed social media was “killing people” because more censorship is not being done to stop supposed “misinformation.”
Everyone should have the ability to express themselves. We all have the Freedom of Speech. Our government should not be actively looking for ways to censor us. This is why people are leaving Facebook, they are constantly looking for reasons to censor/ban people. Facebook still has Trump banned over the January 6th raid that he had nothing to do with.